You can set the Default Backup Settings for your domain in the Backup> Settings> Backup Settings page. Below are the options available for the Google cloud.
You can choose which service to backup in this section.
Google App Services:
GMail, Calendar, Contacts, Drive and Sites services are available for backup in Google cloud. If you switch the Service ON, it will be backed up. If you switch OFF the service, it will not be backed up.
OneDrive, Outlook Mail, Contact & SharePoint Site services are available for backup in O365 cloud. If you switch the Service ON, it will be backed up. If you switch OFF the service, it will not be backed up.
2. Users & Licenses
Add new Domain users:
This option is allows you to auto-backup all the unprotected users in your domain. Note that only the active users will be added into the backup.
This option allows you to only backup the Trash items in the services. The data not in trash will not be backed up.
- Drive - If you switch it ON, only the files present in Trash folder will be backed up.
- Mail - If you switch it ON, only the mails present in Trash folder will be backed up.
- Calendar - If you switch it ON, only the events present in Trash folder will be backed up.
Include the email folders from backup:
- Trash - switch it ON if you want to backup the 'Trash' folder in the users mail account.
- Spam - switch it ON if you want to backup the 'Spam' folder in the users mail account.
Include the drive folder from backup:
- Trash - switch it ON if you want to backup the 'Trash' folder in the users Drive account.
Include the team drive from backup:
- Team Drive - switch it ON if you want to backup the Team Drive folders in the users Drive account. Note that to backup Team Drive folders, the 'Drive Backup Scope' option should be set to 'All Drive Documents'. Each collaborator of a Team Drive folder will have a copy of the Team Drive data backed up in his archive.
Number of Document Revisions:
Use this option to set the number of revisions to be backed up of the Drive files. If you set it to Unlimited, all the available revisions of a Drive file(max 100) will be backed up. If you set to a finite number N, the latest N number of revisions of a file will be backed up in the archive.
Archived Content Visibility:
This option lets you to decide administrator access to view the archived data of domain users.
- option ON - Archived data of Administrator account alone will be visible to the Administrator.
- option OFF - Archived data of the Administrator account along with all other domain users becomes visible to the Administrator.
Drive Backup Scope:
This option allows you to choose what Drive files to be backed up for the users. There are 2 options,
- Owned by me - Only the files owned by the user will be backed up.
- All Drive Documents - All the files present in the users Drive will be backed up.
4. Storage & Retention
Limit storage usage per user:
You can set the backup storage limit per user. You can either choose 'Unlimited' or set the storage limit in MB or GB or TB. If the storage limit is reached, the user's backup schedule will be suspended until the storage goes below the limit.
Email Retention period, Document Retention period, Calendar Retention period:
You can define the retention period for emails, document and calendars. Choose 'Unlimited' option to retain the backed up data forever or specify the time limit in terms of days or months or years; which will delete the backed up data as per the time limit in the daily backup schedule.
Exclude Files from backup:
You can choose to exclude certain types of files from Drive backup, which may constitute to unnecessary backup storage increase.
- File extension: You can add the extension of the filetypes that you need to be excluded from backup. Note that there is no need to prepend the filetype with period. For example, if you want to exclude mp4 files, just add 'mp4', no need to add it as '.mp4'.
- Size: You can set the minimum size limit to consider for the files to be excluded. If you set it to 30MB, files greater than 30MB will be excluded from backup. Files less than 30MB will be backed up.
Grant End-user Access:
This option lets you to choose whether to allow the normal end-users to login into the app and view their respective archives. If you don't want your normal end-users to view their backup archives, you can switch it OFF.
End-user Export Enable:
This option lets you to choose whether to allow the end-users to export the data from their archives and download it to their local computer drives.
6. Admin Email Address
Admin Email Address:
You should set this email address to that of the Super Admin user in the cloud account.